Knowledge Management

Is there a way of getting the total allocated memory assigned to a server?

danroberts
Explorer

We are using perfmon and I have built some dashboards to show memory/cpu usage and alerts that trigger if each is going above a certain %, is there a way you can obtain the total memory assigned to a server? 

What I want to do is to be able to create a table from the total assigned memory and place it in the above dashboards so our testers know how much memory a server has without me manually creating a table with each stat in.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

danroberts
Explorer

Many thanks @gcusello, I don't have the above counters in the input file so I will add them in to see if it gives me what I need. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @danroberts ,

Hi the counter of the memory is one, if you have other counters, you should have also this.

Anyway, it should be [perfmon://Memory]

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @danroberts,

I suppose that you're speaking of Windows servers.

If I correctly remind, in the Windows perfmon indicators, extracted using the Splunk_TA_Windows, there's also TotalPhysicalMemoryKB and TotalVirtualMemoryKB tha you could use.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...