Knowledge Management

Summary indexing

vinillukes
Explorer

Search peer indexer has the following message: Received event for unconfigured/disabled/deleted index=voiceapp_summary with source="source::voice_app_summary_loader" host="host::onh-search head" sourcetype="sourcetype::stash". So far received events from 1 missing index(es). I got this error after I scheduled report and enabled summary indexing. I sthere something missing here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Your index "voiceapp_summary" doesn't exist on your indexers. Just create the index and you should be good to go. The summary index should exist on Indexers (where data is stored). If you're configuring summary index from Search Head UI, then you need that index to be created in search head as well, so that it'll show up in summary index dropdown. (data will still be stored on indexers).

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

The message says that the index voiceapp_summary is not created on the Splunk instance where the data is being received.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...