Knowledge Management

Report not displayed using summary index

mike7860
Explorer

I am able to generate events using summary indexing. In the search app I type in index=_internal search_name="index usage". The results displays the events, but actually the results that I have saved and scheduled search using summary index is in the form of a table report. Why isn't the table report getting generated? The event logs get displayed but i need the original saved report displayed.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Assume you created the summary index with the a saved search named "index usage" that looks like this:

yoursearchhere | sistats count by fx fy fz

You should not be saving your search results in the _internal index!! They should be saved in a summary index; there is a default summary index, named summary. A Splunk admin can create other summary indexes, but I will use summary for this example.

Then you retrieve the results with this search:

index=summary search_name="index usage" | stats count by fx fy fz

Note that this search ends with the same command as the first search, but substituting the stats command for the sistats.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...