Knowledge Management

Kvstore Status:failed

Spinner79
Explorer

Hi all,

Please help. 

I have a AIO Splunk Enterprise Ver: 8.1.2 setup running on windows server, i have done the following upgrade:

1. Upgrade from Ver: 8.1.2 to ver: 8.2.5.

2. checked kvstore already migrated to wireTiger. So no migration done on my end.

3. Upgrade from Ver: 8.2.5 to Ver: 9.0.5.

After start up checked kvstore with the command "splunk show kvstore-status --verbose", as shown below is the result:

WARNING: Server Certificate Hostname Validation is disabled. Please see server.conf/[sslConfig]/cliverifyServerName for details.

This member:

BackupRestoreStatus : Ready

disables : 0

featureCompaitibilityVersion : An error occured during the last operation ('getParameter', domain:  '15', code: '13053'): No Suitable servers found: 'serxxxx SelectionTimeoutMS' expired: [connection closed calling ismaster on '127.0.0.1:8191']

guid : DAxxxxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

port : 8191

standalone : 1

status : failed

storageEngine : wireTiger

Can anyone advise why after upgraded to Ver: 9.0.5 kvstore failed? i have tried the following but the status still showed failed:

Point 2: Take KV store backup

2.1. stop Splunk.
2.2. take backup of the DB (keep it safe - may be needed in emergency):
2.3. cp -r $SPLUNK_DB/kvstore/mongo /backup
2.4. Rename mongod.lock (Location: $SPLUNK_DB/kvstore/mongod) : mongod.lock_bkp

Point 3: clean up KVStore Splunk

3.1 Stop the member: ./splunk stop
3.2 Clean the member's kvstore: ./splunk clean kvstore --local
3.3 start Splunk

Point 4. Check kvstore status on each node.
./splunkshow kvstore-status

Please help. Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Spinner79
Explorer

Hi,

I tried the follow the link https://splunkonbigdata.com/failed-to-start-kv-store-process-see-mongod-log-and-splunkd-log-for-deta... , surprisingly after restart everything back to normal.

dwthomas16
Explorer

Feels like I tried every suggestion here, from renaming the cert, generating my own, messing around with the windows cert store and the .conf files... And this solution finally worked! Thank you so much!!

0 Karma

Spinner79
Explorer

Glad that you have managed to resolve the issue like me.

I went through high & low searching for the solutions as well.

Luckily managed to Google out the link I sent you and resolved the issue.

@dwthomas16 Happy Splunking.

0 Karma

dwthomas16
Explorer

Were you able to find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...