Knowledge Management

How to increaser raw log view limitation when using field extraction via the UI?

DanAlexander
Communicator

Hello network,

I need help understanding how to increase the number of lines within the UI Field Extraction

For example, I have an event containing 38 lines and when sampling for applying regex while field extracting, it gives me visibility of 20 lines only, which prevents me of seen what I actually want to extract as a field.

I did check the ui-prefs.conf but not entirely sure if this is the right place to expand and maximize the window/workflow so I can see all lines and work with these.

SPLUNK.jpg

Thank you  

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

this is not exactly what you are asking, but I prefer to use https://regex101.com for creating field extractions. Another what you maybe could use is erex command?

r. Ismo

0 Karma

DanAlexander
Communicator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply @isoutamo 

We are using these but wanted to see if I can change the limitations within the UI

regards,

Dan

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...