Knowledge Management

How to inastall DB Connect on Heavy Forwarder?

Adpafer
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I installed DB Connect on Heavy Forwarder but I get message the task server cannot start. Eariler I installed DB Connect of Search Head (the same way) and it worked fine. What is the problem with Heavy Forwarder?

Can anyone please give mi clear answer? I

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Installs DB Connect on a heavy forwarder the same way it is installed on a search head.  Make sure the HF has the right Java and JDBC drivers installed.  If it still doesn't work, please share the exact error message text.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Adpafer

One more thing I have just noticed.... when it works as Forwarder, the task server cannot start but when I changed the license group to Enterprise the task server started. The problem is that I need a Heavy Forwarde with DB connect working...

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What license does the HF have when not set to "Enterprise"?  HFs must be licensed to function properly.  In an on-prem environment, point them to your license manager; in Splunk Cloud, get a free 0GB forwarder license.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Adpafer

1a.jpg1b.jpg

I did it many times od Search Head and it always worked. I did it exactly the same way on HF and it does not work. I checked path to Java, I restarted Splunk several times and I still get this error message 😞

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...