Knowledge Management

Field extraction using delimiter

ChetanArgekar
Explorer

I am having Structure data files for which I did field extraction using Splunk field delimiter in development box. when I packaged the app and placed it in production it is not working.

I checked the permission and it is global.

data looks like this 

file name windows_patch.log

Step_Execution_Time~^~Applications~^~Server~^~Step_Name~^~Step_Status~^~Step_Logs~^~Step_Comment
13-01-2021 12:09:39 PM~^~SAP,SQL,Oracle~^~test2k19.testmbs.com~^~Connect to WSUS~^~Success~^~WinRM service is already running on this machine.\r\nWinRM is already set up for remote management on this computer.\r\n~^~ Connected to WSUS cidsuswuraeuw02.testmbs.com successfully.
13-01-2021 12:09:41 PM~^~SAP,SQL,Oracle~^~test2k19.testmbs.com~^~Loading PowerShell Modules on Target Host~^~Success~^~\nPowershell Output:\n~^~Fetch patches details successfully to apply on Target Hosttest2k19.testmbs.com.

Props.conf

[Windows_Pre_Patching]
REPORT-Patch-Windows_Pre_Patching = REPORT-Patch-Windows_Pre_Patching

transforms.conf

[REPORT-Patch-Windows_Pre_Patching]
DELIMS = "~^~"
FIELDS = "Step_Execution_Time","field2","field3","Applications","field5","field6","Server","field8","field9","Step_Name","field11","field12","Step_Status","field14","field15","Step_Logs","field17","field18","Step_Comment","Step_Comment"

please guide

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @ChetanArgekar ,

If it is working in a test environment then it should work in production as well.

Run a btool command and see what is the issue

And also check the local. meta for that app.

And also how are you checking the extractions? Are you running the search in fast mode? 

Run a search in verbose mode and see. And make sure you have selected the All fields.

Vardhan_0-1615990172716.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...