Knowledge Management

Field alias showing improper count - splunk 4.3.2 ??

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi ,

I have two field extractions like the below ones in my props.conf file.now i have created an alias for these two extractions as Product i.e

[productinfo]
EXTRACT-t2r_b2b_prodID = ServiceType>(?<t2r_b2b_prodID>[^<]*)<
EXTRACT-b2b_prodID = (?<=SellersItemIdentification).*?\s*\<.*?ID\>(?<b2b_prodID>[^<]*)\<
FIELDALIAS-prodID = b2b_prodID AS Product t2r_b2b_prodID AS Product

// query1
sourcetype="productinfo" | top b2b_prodID

is having 10 products info

// query2
sourcetype="productinfo" | top t2r_b2b_prodID

is having 5 products info

but wen i run
//query 3
sourcetype="productinfo" | top Product

it should show 15 products info and count should match.. but this not matching.. can any one help wats been wrong here ..pls

Tags (2)
0 Karma

lpolo
Motivator

Try this:

sourcetype="productinfo" | top limit=0 Product 
0 Karma

rakesh_498115
Motivator

yeah tried that . its not problem with the query .its problem with the count ...say in my first query i am getting a product A with count 100 and in second query i am A count 50 , then ideally in third query A count should be 150 but it is not... 😞

0 Karma

dsrvern
Explorer

Hi rakesh,

I'm seeing the same problem with field aliases. Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...