Knowledge Management

Creating a Tag no longer available!

quanteq
Path Finder

The way to tag a field is no longer available under my new version of Splunk. Is there a way to restore this tag capability or if there is another way to create tags? Here is a youtube video by Karen Hodges when creating tags under Splunk was simple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCyOg66dbIk

Thanks! Juan

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, the workflow has changed since Splunk Enterprise 5. See this topic in the Knowledge Manager Manual for current instructions.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, the workflow has changed since Splunk Enterprise 5. See this topic in the Knowledge Manager Manual for current instructions.

quanteq
Path Finder

Thanks ChrisG! The Edit Tag under actions was a bit confusing since there is where you can now create a new tag.

Juan

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @quanteq

What version of Splunk are you referring to when you say "my new version of Splunk" just so users on Answers have more context?

quanteq
Path Finder

Hello ppablo, Splunk 6.2.1. Chris below answered my question.

The Edit Tag under actions was a bit confusing since there is where you can now create a new tag. Thanks! Juan

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...