Knowledge Management

Chinese Characters in Splunk Web

splunktp
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

I have a Splunk Indexer installed on a CentOS box (English language). When I use a workstation that has a different language setting, for example Chinese, the contents of Splunk Web is still showing in English characters.

My question is is there a way for the Splunk Web to display the native language used by the workstation accessing it? For example Splunk Web in Chinese characters.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)

cyue_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can try this way to force the Splunk Web to display Chinese:
http://:8000/zh-CN for Simplified Chinese or "zh-TW" for Traditional Chinese

Takajian
Builder

Splunk web interface language depends on browser's user agent that clieant access with. What is your browswer user agent? I know Japanese browser support Japanese interface. However, except English language is translated after new splunk version is released. I know Chinese version of splunk 4.1 existed before. I am not sure about 4.2. Please try to access splunk web with Chinese browser. Hope this help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...