Knowledge Management

Can I store data at the index layer so isolated search heads can access it?

brent_weaver
Builder

I am building up Splunk content for our product in Splunk. I am building a dashboard to count events, which are many. I want to use kvstore to store this info and then have the app use the lookup to get this data. I have played a bit with kvstore and do understand how to do this but need advice on setup.

We have multiple search heads, how do I store the data at the index layer so the other [isolated] search heads can access them without having the query running locally? It seems that I can enable replication?

What config files do I need to setup? Seems that I need to do collections.conf and transforms.conf. Is this correct?

I assume I can store a field as time/date?

Any help/advice is welcome!

0 Karma

markusspitzli2
Explorer

yes. you have to create a new summary index and store the data in it. every searchhead should be abe to access the data and create its own lookupfile if you want.

0 Karma

brent_weaver
Builder

I am not opposed to that but then I need to create the summary index right?

0 Karma

markusspitzli2
Explorer

hey.
why not store the events in a summary index instead of the kvstore?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...