Knowledge Management

Backup License.

Said7
Explorer

Hi everyone.

I have a doubt about the license, i hope someone can help me.

If i backup the folder /etc to do a restore in case to be necessary, the licenses are in that backup?

Or, i have to ask for the licenses in splunk again?

Version splunk: 6.5.1

Regards, thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

jluo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Said7,

Correct. The licenses are stored in the /etc/licenses directory, so as long as the whole directory is backed up, the restoration will include the license. Another option would be to create a license master that maintains/stores the license - any splunk machine you restore will just report to that license master.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jluo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Said7,

Correct. The licenses are stored in the /etc/licenses directory, so as long as the whole directory is backed up, the restoration will include the license. Another option would be to create a license master that maintains/stores the license - any splunk machine you restore will just report to that license master.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Synthetic Monitoring: Not your Grandma’s Polyester! Tech Talk: DevOps Edition

Register today and join TekStream on Tuesday, February 28 at 11am PT/2pm ET for a demonstration of Splunk ...

Instrumenting Java Websocket Messaging

Instrumenting Java Websocket MessagingThis article is a code-based discussion of passing OpenTelemetry trace ...

Announcing General Availability of Splunk Incident Intelligence!

Digital transformation is real! Across industries, companies big and small are going through rapid digital ...