Installation

trying to access free cloud instance and getting error

Fdrx452
Engager

Hello

My apologies as this feels like the dumbest question. I signed up for a free cloud instance last Thursday. Did not receive any login email from Splunk (checked junk etc.) trudged on as I am trying to do the labs.

My login works and I can see my training. When I try to get to my instances from the drop down from my profile where it says "instances" I get https://www.splunk.com/404?ErrorCode=18&ErrorDescription=Invalid+account

I'm on chrome. I have no direct link because no email from splunk. I did open a ticket but no word back on that. Anything else I can try? Thanks for any thoughts. My free instance clock is ticking down on my 15 day trial. 😕

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

jeffras

I have the exact same problem.

I logged out and logged back in. The website asked me to verify my email address (which I did successfully).

Many pages give me the error you describe. The instances page, the support portal, etc.

0 Karma

jeffras

jeffras_0-1597335736050.png

NOPE!!! J/K

jeffras_1-1597335925865.png

This is an incredibly poor user experience, as a potential customer I hope it is not an indication of what to expect inside the product.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...