Installation

splunk soar GLIBC.2 not found error

mory
Observer

Hi,

I am trying to install Splunk SOAR (On-premises) as an unprivileged user on CentOS 7.9 and when I am running ./soar-prepare-system script I get the following error message:

./usr/python39/bin/python3.9: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by /opt/splunk-soar/usr/python39/bin/../lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0)
./usr/python39/bin/python3.9: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.26' not found (required by /opt/splunk-soar/usr/python39/bin/../lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0)
./usr/python39/bin/python3.9: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by /opt/splunk-soar/usr/python39/bin/../lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0)
./usr/python39/bin/python3.9: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /opt/splunk-soar/usr/python39/bin/../lib/libpython3.9.so.1.0)

I tried to install it on CentOS 8 and got another error said

Unable to read CentOS/RHEL version from /etc/redhat-release.

Any sugestions?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

QuentinM
Loves-to-Learn

The first error could appear if you 're trying to install a RHEL8 version of Soar on a Centos7.

Regarding CentOS 8, it's not officially supported but you can download a version CentOS/RHEL8...
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/6.2.2/Install/Requirements

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk is Nurturing Tomorrow’s Cybersecurity Leaders Today

Meet Carol Wright. She leads the Splunk Academic Alliance program at Splunk. The Splunk Academic Alliance ...

Part 2: A Guide to Maximizing Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Welcome to the second segment of our guide. In Part 1, we covered the essentials of getting started with ITSI ...

Part 1: A Guide to Maximizing Splunk IT Service Intelligence

As modern IT environments continue to grow in complexity and speed, the ability to efficiently manage and ...