Installation

installation rollback

aes
Explorer

I'm trying to install Splunk Enterprise version 9.1.2, which rolls back before finishing. I realized it goes almost until the end before starting to roll back since the folder /program files/Splunk size was increased to about Splunk's total size. Here is the log file. log 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

aes
Explorer

I solved it by installing openssl 1.1.1 instead of openssl 3.1.1

I think openssl 3.x.x still has some bugs.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

aes
Explorer

I solved it by installing openssl 1.1.1 instead of openssl 3.1.1

I think openssl 3.x.x still has some bugs.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aes,

have you sufficient disk space to install the new version?

see in $SPLUNK_HOME\var\log\splunk if there's some interesting log, the one you shared is too long to analyze, please reduce it!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

aes
Explorer

I found this in python.log

2023-08-22 11:39:18,885 +0330 ERROR cli_common:1406 - Error configuring OpenSSL

5056:error:25078067:DSO support routines:WIN32_LOAD:could not load the shared library:.\crypto\dso\dso_win32.c:179:filename(providers.dll)

5056:error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library:.\crypto\dso\dso_lib.c:233:

5056:error:0E07506E:configuration file routines:MODULE_LOAD_DSO:error loading dso:.\crypto\conf\conf_mod.c:271:module=providers, path=providers

5056:error:0E076071:configuration file routines:MODULE_RUN:unknown module name:.\crypto\conf\conf_mod.c:212:module=providers

Command failed (ret=1), exiting.

0 Karma

aes
Explorer

yes. I installed Splunk once before then I uninstalled and now I can't reinstall it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...