Installation

difference between splunk enterprise license and developer license?

balajsoz
Path Finder

Hi,

Currently I am using the Splunk enterprise license and will going to expire soon.

I have a trial version of Splunk developer personal license also which is valid for another couple of months.

So i need to change the license group from Splunk enterprise to Splunk developer group.

How to do that and what will happen if am changed to splunk developer since i have all my reports running in splunk enterprise only.?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The main difference is that you agreed to only use your developer license for development purposes. Hence it cannot legally replace your enterprise license - assuming all your reports aren't required for development purposes. You should contact your local splunk partner or splunk sales for a renewal of your enterprise license instead.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The main difference is that you agreed to only use your developer license for development purposes. Hence it cannot legally replace your enterprise license - assuming all your reports aren't required for development purposes. You should contact your local splunk partner or splunk sales for a renewal of your enterprise license instead.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...