Installation

Why is thereTCPOutAutoLB-0 and TailReader-0 error on fresh install?

stephanedeck
Explorer

Hi,

I just made a fresh install of Splunk server on a CentOS 7 machine.
RPM install, configuration to launch splunk as a splunk user with systemctl etc All good.

Right now in my health check I have TCPOutAutoLB-0 and TailReader-0 in error.
I don't have any message to go with it. Just an error status

Any way I can check those error with a CLI? Any idea of what is going on?

I havn't ever start to index any file yet.

I have this warning to : he TCP output processor has paused the data flow. Forwarding to output group default-autolb-group has been blocked for 10 seconds. This will probably stall the data flow towards indexing and other network outputs. Review the receiving system's health in the Splunk Monitoring Console. It is probably not accepting data.

I don't know where to start.

Thanks.

Regards,

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stephanedeck
Explorer

I have made a loop with a local output file, all good now.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

stephanedeck
Explorer

I have made a loop with a local output file, all good now.

0 Karma

baya151
Explorer

Hi stephanedeck,

could you please specify what do you mean by making a loop with a local output file?

Have you copied the contents of the default/outputs.conf file into local/outputs.conf file?

Answer is much appreciated

aklon
Engager

@baya151 ,  yes crate a copy of default/outputs.conf file into local/outputs.conf 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...