Installation

Why does Splunk log out after dashboard performance testing?

_pravin
Communicator

Hi Community,

I am testing Splunk dashboard performance with Selenium IDE.

I am able to get the desired results but the only problem I am facing is with Splunk logging out to complete the testing.

Is there some point of contact who can help me with the issue or some other ideas would also work if it helps me with Splunk logout from external applications?

Regards,
Pravin

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you saying you can't logout?

If you're driving this through Selenium, click the username and then logout, or did I misunderstand your question

0 Karma

_pravin
Communicator

Hi @bowesmana ,

You understood it right.

I have been trying to log in, feed the Splunk panel with some information, and export the CSV file.

I was able to do all the above but logging out is the one that never works.

I tried to click the username and logout which never works, along with a few other ways like replacing the URL to logout or opening a new tab with the logout URL.

None of them worked with the use case, so was hoping is there a different technique to logout from Splunk.

Regards,

Pravin

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK, not sure why it's "not working" - Not sure how Splunk retains auth state, but presumably there are cookies involved. Have you tried clearing all the cookies in the Selenium session?

0 Karma

_pravin
Communicator

Hi @bowesmana ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I was able to fix the issue by running the code from the terminal and not using the Selenium IDE.

Thanks,

Pravin

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...