Installation

Why do I keep getting a NoSectionError / TypeError in BOTS environment?

mmoermans
Path Finder

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up the Boss of the SOC v1 (BOTS) environment but I keep getting the following error while looking at the questions page in the app. I've followed all the steps in the guide (https://github.com/splunk/SA-ctf_scoreboard) so I'm confused why I keep getting this error.

NoSectionError at "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 607 : No section: 'ScoreboardController'

TypeError at "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364 : expected string or buffer

Does anyone know what might cause this error?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

mmoermans
Path Finder

Figured it out, since we had a different default port the python scripts used needed to be adjusted.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mmoermans
Path Finder

Figured it out, since we had a different default port the python scripts used needed to be adjusted.

0 Karma

mmoermans
Path Finder

The issue was due to the app having the name SA-ctf_scoreboard-master instead of SA-ctf_scoreboard, changing that the error was resolved.

I now have the following error even though the ctf_hints was properly imported:

UnboundLocalError at "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ctf_scoreboard/bin/gethints.py", line 121 : local variable 'ctf_hints' referenced before assignment

bjbalas

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Any updates?

0 Karma

fzuazo
Path Finder

I am also having the came ctf_hints variable issue.

Hopefully someone can chime and help us both out.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...