Installation

Why can I not install splunk on windows?

mofonguero

I have been trying to install Splunk on Windows 10, but it gives me an error that says "Splunk enterprise setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error". I have tried installing it in command prompt running as an administrator, but it does not work either. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

jho-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @mofonguero,

Please see here for instructions on how to troubleshoot further: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/Install-issue-on-Server-2016/m-p/540173/highlight/true#....

Cheers,

- Jo.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mofonguero,

did you used the last Splunk version?

have you in plase some antivirus or personal firewall or another protection on you Windows?

I installed Splunk many times on Windows 10 without any issue.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

mofonguero

Hello Giuseppe

As far as I know I only have basic configurations in my firewall and anti-virus, however if there are any specific settings that you might know please let me know. I am not blocking any ports that could prevent me from downloading it either. It starts downloading but then it stops prematurely and rolls back. I tried downloading it in my desktop, then used a VM with a Linux OS and it didnt work either. Yes I am trying to download the latest version and tried different versions too. It seems like this is not for me

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mofonguero,

as I said, disable any personal firewall you have.

Then see at "C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\log\splunk" if there's some log file about the installation.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Thanks for the Memories! Splunk University, .conf24, and Community Connections

Thank you to everyone in the Splunk Community who joined us for .conf24 – starting with Splunk University and ...

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...