Installation

Why am I getting license violations when my account is well below the limit (related to pool size)?

DonDandrea
Path Finder

When I look at license usage no split I am well below my license limit. When I split by index there is an index called pool size that starts at our license limit every day. So, as soon as we consume any data we get a license violation.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

DonDandrea
Path Finder

This turned out to be a problem with the license name and the license label. I had two entries with the same label so I thought my new Splunk instance was added to the license group. I have to add the new instance to the licensing bucket to resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DonDandrea
Path Finder

This turned out to be a problem with the license name and the license label. I had two entries with the same label so I thought my new Splunk instance was added to the license group. I have to add the new instance to the licensing bucket to resolve the issue.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

"Pool size" should show the size of your pool, I doubt there is an index called that. You should see that as a dashed line rather than columns, showing where the limit for that pool is.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...