Installation

Where can I download the latest and greatest SplunkJS_Stack with the new splunkjs/mvc/visualizationregistry in Splunk 6.4 ?

mikenagra
Explorer

Where can I download the latest and greatest SplunkJS_Stack with the new splunkjs/mvc/visualizationregistry mentioned in Splunk 6.4?

This link still downloads the previous version without visualizationregistry.
http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEWR

Thanks!

ie. Page 73 of Splunk-6.4.0-AdvancedDev.pdf

Access and instantiate a visualization
Here are the steps for accessing and instantiating a visualization from a
SplunkJS page.
1. Require the visualization registry, splunkjs/mvc/visualizationregistry.
Call visualizationregistry.getVisualizer(,
). Use the name of the app that contains the
visualization and the visualization name. The function returns a
constructor.
Use the constructor to instantiate the visualization. Pass it an id,
managerid, and an el.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

apruneda_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After further exploration with engineering, updating the SplunkJS Stack download will not enable custom visualizations. SplunkJS Stack (in independent mode) connects directly to splunkd, but custom visualization assets get served up from Splunk Web, so without re-architecting, it's not possible to include this feature. The next update to the download for SplunkJS Stack will bring it up to date with the rest of the Web Framework, however.

jmacgowan

@apruneda, any updates on when the update to SplunkJS Stack will be released? What about the Splunk SDK for JavaScript?

0 Karma

apruneda_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, sorry for the delay. The download (version 1.4) is now available on http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEWR.

The Splunk SDK for JavaScript v1.8.1 was released on 10/18/2016.

apruneda_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for pointing this out. The SplunkJS Stack download is definitely out of date. I brought this to the engineering team's attention so that they can investigate this.

sklass
Path Finder

Where can we get it? Is it in splunk itself? I'm fine with grabbing it locally?

0 Karma

mikenagra
Explorer

any update?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...