Installation

Unable to install addon: System cannot find the path specified

Splunker95

I am installing the addon 'Python for Scientific Computing (for Windows 64-bit)', but every time I do so, I keep getting this message:

'Error during app install: failed to extract app from C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\af3848d2600e244f.tar.gz to C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\bundle_tmp\ffaabe078cc2c4c4: The system cannot find the path specified.'

splunk error.PNG

Also, on the home page, the left-side bar says 'Unable to load app list. Refresh the page to try again.' Even when I refresh, it still appears. I don't know if it has anything to do with my problem.splunk error2.PNG

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Splunker95,

it's an app supported by Splunk, open a case to Splunk Support.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Splunker95

I think the answer you have given me is ambiguous. By 'an app supported by Splunk', do you mean the add-on or the splunk software itself? And how do I 'open a case'? If it means showing you the software, then I have already supplied screenshots.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Splunker95,

as you can read at https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2883 and see in the screenshot 

gcusello_0-1689412089285.png

This is an app that's supported by Splunk itself, not by someone in the Community, and I'm speaking about the app not about Splunk.

Splunk supported means:

Apps and add-ons published by Splunk Inc. that are supported and maintained by Splunk. Splunk will provide customers with active support subscriptions an initial response and acknowledgement to any support request for these apps or add-ons in accordance with Splunk Support terms. Splunk will also ensure compatibility of Splunk-supported apps and add-ons with future releases of applicable Software. Splunk ensures this compatibility for any Splunk-supported apps or add-ons installed in Splunk Cloud Platform before commencing Splunk Cloud Platform upgrades.

Splunk does not provide support or maintenance for apps or add-ons published by any party other than Splunk Inc., including third-party developers.

So if you open a case to the Splunk Support using the Portal or the email (support@splunk.com), you'll have the best support on this problem that's very difficoult to debug without viewing your situation and your system.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...