Installation

Trouble getting <rpm> to recognize my Splunk Universal Forwarder.rpm for install on CentOS RHEL

Gambit22
Explorer

Hello everyone, I'm having some real trouble even getting my Splunk forwarder to install onto my CentOS 8.2 on a RHEL 64 bit VM. I'm using rpm and following along with the install guide on Splunk's website, but for the life of me I can't get the file to install. I used wget to install my free version of splunkforwarder, and that completed successfully. The file was downloaded to my /opt/ directory, and at first the permissions were read write only, so I changed those to executable, and still rpm won't recognize the installed software as an rpm package. I have also set SELinux to permissive with no success. 

I just thought I would ask in case anyone is seeing something I haven't seen or has run into this before. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 3.52.43 PM.png

Labels (3)

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

looks strange.. did you get this error on two/more systems or only one system?

did you try to download the package once again and try to install?(maybe, the download was not complete adn it may be missing some files, etc)

UF 8.0.1 release notes also does not say anything about some known errors...

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/8.0.1/Forwarder/KnownIssues

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...