Installation

Syslog Configuration through Splunk Web?

niha1318

Hi,

we are planning to get the Syslog data into Splunk Heavy Forwarders. They are Appliances and those are hardened linux OS.

till now i have done the following steps

I have provided the Splunk Heavy Forwarder IP to App owner, they configured the syslog on their end

I created Data inputs on HFW by giving TCP: 1024, Sourcetype, IP and created Index. (514 already being used)

I could't able able to find the data yet on splunk. is this the correct process OR am i missing anything? please let me know if i did anything wrong or if I need to add some inputs?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you have local firewalls blocking TCP 1024. Are you sure you are sending data to the right port?

0 Karma

niha1318

if that is the case, I hope it will through the Firewall Error. but I didn't get any firewall error.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...