Installation

Splunk kafka

uagraw01
Builder

Hello Splunkers!!

I want to connect or configure Splunk with kafka. Our Kafka resides under kubernetes cluster. Please guide me what kind of approaches I want to follow. Because there are lot of stuffs available and its confusing for me. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@uagraw01 ,

I am not experienced about Kafka inside Kubernetes. Please check how to install Kafka Connect Cluster inside Kubernetes, after that you can install "Splunk Connect for Kafka" into this cluster.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @uagraw01,

If your need is ingesting data from Kafka to Splunk, you can check  "Splunk Connect for Kafka"

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3862 

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

uagraw01
Builder

@scelikok Yes I know this add-on. But the hec token works because my kafka is inside kubernetes cluster.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's not a question about the Splunk Connector for Kafka as such. It's more a question about how to manage your kubernetes cluster and kafka containers there. And these are questions which are definitely out of scope of this forum.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...