Installation

Splunk Universal Forwarder installation in Citrix environment.

svaroor
Observer

Hello I am new to Splunk and Citrix Environment.

I wanted to know the steps to install splunk UF for getting the OS level Logs from systems in Citrix environment(XenApp,Xendesktop,Xenserver), Is there any link or guide I can ref and install UF on these systems? 

Also What is the difference between Splunk Ad-ons for XenApp,Xendesktop,Xenserver and UF?

which is the best practice? 

Labels (4)
0 Karma

anmolpatel
Builder
0 Karma

svaroor
Observer

Thanks Anmol, 

I have gone through this page but the condition I am wanting is the OS Logs only like the users log in or out. The events created in syslogs etc. And I would be more interested with the flow of these logs towards deployment/Indexer. And here there is no mention about the installation on different Citrix (XenApp or Desktop)  I understood we can write script and Add-on available for xenapp and xendesktop too ?

But any proper document where I can have a step by step process of getting this on my Live environment ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...