Installation

Slave had no matching license pool for the data it indexed warning even if it's a standalone environment

eugeneAq
Engager

I have a standalone splunk enterprise and been having an issue with my licensing. I've been receiving the following error :

•  "Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. Renew your Splunk license by visiting www.splunk.com/store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK."

I checked my licensing.  There's an error regarding an indexer

• "slave had no matching license pool for the data it indexed"

The license pool and it's still valid and the indexer is part already of the license pool and it's the local server. What may seem the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @eugeneAq,

You may have exceeded your license capacity or expired.  You can check on below page for warnings/expire date etc?

https://splunk_server_ip:8000/en-US/manager/system/licensing

License expiration

Licensed daily volume

Volume used today

Warning count

If this reply helps you an upvote is appreciated.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @eugeneAq,

You may have exceeded your license capacity or expired.  You can check on below page for warnings/expire date etc?

https://splunk_server_ip:8000/en-US/manager/system/licensing

License expiration

Licensed daily volume

Volume used today

Warning count

If this reply helps you an upvote is appreciated.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

eugeneAq
Engager

I checked and my license is still valid because the expiration is still a couple of years away. I think the issue might be that the local indexers can't connect to the license pools

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...