Installation

Searching is disabled due to license violation, even after we upgraded the license. How to re-enable searching?

dritjon
Path Finder

Splunk search was disabled because we exceeded the quote for 45 days. So we bought another license to add 10GB to our license. Applied the license fine.

Yet still I cant search due to violation.

I restarted the license manager server, the indexers but nothing.

I'm under the license limit now, what do I have to do to enable searching again?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

You are needing separate "reset" license for get rid of license violation. Just contact your Splunk Support and they will generate it for you.

r. Ismo

dritjon
Path Finder

Is that the only way?

Splunk support takes more than 10 days to answer us

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm afraid that this is still the quickest way. 

Try to phone to them and you should get it quite quick. Usually only hours or even less. If you create a P1 ticket (as splunk is "unusable") they should answer to you quite soon.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...