Installation

Reinstalled Splunk after web interface went down, still doesn't work

Gambit22
Explorer

I recently had access to my Splunk web interface with morning. It said an update was required so I did that and then restarted Splunk. After the restart, the web interface never came back, Splunk would say it was running with ./splunk status command, and it was even listening on ports 8089 and 9997, which had been configured earlier. I tried everything to get it to work again and it just would not. My computers firewall was completely disabled and Splunk would continue to have an inactive web interface. I completely uninstalled it and reinstalled Splunk, and to my surprise:

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 11.45.51 AM.png

This frustrating message appeared. SO it seems I will no longer have access to the web interface even after a complete reinstall. Is this just a broken application now? Wouldn't a reinstall have gotten my Splunk back online when it worked only this morning? 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Look from logs what there is. Usually there is some hints what it can be.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...