Installation

Mac OSX 10.10.3 Splunk 6.2.3 will not run, errors out every time.

machinasdei
Explorer

I've tried to do a CLI install many times, i've tried the GUI install. I get slightly further with the GUI installation, where I can run it for the first time and have it initialize and then it spits out the error in the attached image. I cannot get past this. I've uninstalled many times, and reinstalled, and I know I'm running this as the admin account. I'm at a loss for something so simple......please help!

Mac OSX 10.10.3 trying to use Splunk 6.2.3

Labels (2)

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

machinasdei
Explorer

anyone? really? crickets

0 Karma

gmark
Explorer

I see this question but I don't see the answer in this thread. PLUS, I've got Yosemite and get this same error on my mac, then I'm presented with a window to allow me to edit this startup script, which seems simple, but nothing changes.

Where do I find the source of this script to fix it directly?

Has anyone done this and gotten it to start splunk? Or fix the "loadable handlers" error itself?

????

0 Karma

machinasdei
Explorer

Yeah, still haven't gotten close to a solution yet. No help endlessly searching google as well. No idea how we're the only two on the planet with this issue, seems like it would be a common issue. I simply followed directions, installed it and it doesn't run as described above. I've tried the link that muebel posted above, but it doesn't do anything when replacing those objects. makes no sense. Sad that I cant get the trial to work, its a shame.

0 Karma

aljohnson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ya'll try 6.2.4 yet ?

0 Karma

machinasdei
Explorer

Hello muebel. I really do appreciate the response! I forgot to mention that i did follow the link and replaced the file as it instructed by the letter. It still didn't work. I tried it again, just to try but to no avail. Here's another post of the error that I just got. ( i cant post pics, not enough karma points, wtf) Any ideas?

2015-05-22 20:18:14.958 osascript[631:10141] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
710:714: syntax error: Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier. (-2741)
0 Karma

machinasdei
Explorer

Also, just tried to run Splunk with 'open in 32 bit mode' and it spits out the same error just above. 😞
I'm really at a loss. I've been unable to run Splunk simply because I cannot run it after a sucessful installation. I surely cannot be the only person on the planet this is happening to. Also note, that this has been attempted on two Mac machines. One brand new!!!! im at a loss.

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @machinasdei

Please be sure that when responding to someone's answer, click on "Add comment" directly below their answer or, if responding to someone's comment, type in the "Add your comment..." box directly below their comment. You typed both of your responses in the "Enter your answer here..." box at the very bottom of the page which, instead, posts a brand new answer each time. This will help with a clean continuous flow of the conversation.

Also, if you don't comment directly on the answer/comment of the user you are responding to, they won't receive a notification unless they're following the question. I already converted your answers to a comments under @muebel's answer, so just something to keep in mind from here on out. Hope you find an answer soon. Thanks and happy Splunking!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...