Installation

Installing additional Tools on the Splunk Docker Container

MattKr
Explorer

Hi, i would like to install additional tools on my splunk docker container but yum is not installed, rpm is available but needs to be configured along with a repo i guess?
What is the best way to do this, do i need a Red Hat subscription for this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Remember that docker containers are volatile (except for the non-volatile space you "attach" to them) and docker images are "as is" after build so you'd have to either create a new image based on the ready-made splunk docker image or use the modify dockerfile to build a custom docker image from scratch.

Also, the whole idea of running Splunk in a docker environment is that you do an upgrade by pulling a newer version of the whole image so you'd need to customize your image each time a new version is released.

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @MattKr ,

Docker containers have only minimum requires tools. It is not easy to add additional tools. Don't think this as a standart linux distribution.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...