Installation

Installing DB Connect on SH

tnyinzer
Observer

I am you planning to use DB Connect for a data enrichment (I want to create a lookup using dbxquery for a dymanic dataset that needs to be constantly updated to use at search time). We already have DB Connect on our HFs, but for the input of data from DBs. I want to install DBconnect on our search head just for the purpose of data enrichment of this one lookup table. 

I have seen a couple answers online about how this could/would work and that it is fine just as long as it is for data enrichment, but I was hoping for a little more guidance or advice on people's thoughts related to this. I have thought about external lookups and onboarding the data, but this just seems like the easiest and most streamlined way to do this. 

Thanks in advance!  

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...