Installation

Inquiry: Red Hat Support for Splunk Integration

judywatson

Hey everyone,

I'm here with a query regarding the support provided by Red Hat [ https://www.lenovo.com/de/de/servers-storage/solutions/redhat/ ] for integrating Splunk into its ecosystem. Specifically, I'm seeking clarification on whether Red Hat extends support or compatibility for integrating Splunk within its systems.

The primary concern revolves around the feasibility of integrating Splunk—a popular data analytics and monitoring platform—into Red Hat's environment. Understanding whether Red Hat officially supports or provides compatibility for integrating Splunk within its systems is crucial for ensuring a seamless integration process.

The uncertainty arises from the need to establish a smooth and reliable connection between Splunk and Red Hat systems without encountering compatibility issues or unexpected limitations. Ensuring that Splunk can effectively operate within the Red Hat environment is essential for our integration plans.

If anyone within the community has insights or experiences related to integrating Splunk with Red Hat, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about them. Any information regarding the official stance of Red Hat on supporting Splunk integration or any challenges encountered during such integration attempts would be immensely valuable.

Understanding any potential roadblocks, compatibility concerns, or success stories related to integrating Splunk with Red Hat systems would greatly assist in planning and executing a successful integration strategy.

Thank you all in advance for your time and contributions. Your shared experiences and expertise could provide valuable insights into the compatibility and support aspects of integrating Splunk within the Red Hat environment.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @judywatson ,

Splunk deploy it's compatibility at kernel level not at Operating systems level: Splunk 9.1.2 is certified on Linux Kernel >= 3.

For my experience, I never found issues using Splunk On Red Hat.

You can find more details at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.2/Installation/Systemrequirements

Put attention to the considerations and configurations that you have to do on the Operative System (ulimit and THP).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...