I am not finding a detailed "step by step" description for upgrading a non-clustered, non-pooled, search head.
Scenario = I am removing a search head from a pool, for testing purposes. The search head is currently 6.6.3 and I want to do an in-place upgrade to 7.1.
After reviewing the docs, I inferred that I need to do the following steps:
1) /opt/splunk/bin ./splunk stop
2) /opt/splunk/bin ./splunk disable boot-start
3) download 7.1 and untar > in /opt tar xvzf splunk_package_name.tgz
4) set search head mode in GUI
5) edit distributedsearch.conf (point to indexer servers)
6) set license master GUI
Am I on the right track here? Please advise.
Isn't the upgrade covered on Upgrade to 7.1 on UNIX ?
Your steps look fine, your effectively doing an upgrade then Add search peers to the search head or Search Head Configuration overview if your running an indexer cluster (which then links to Enable the search head )
View solution in original post
yes I have read to the docs mentioned but I am not going to cluster it or add more than one indexer.... thank you for confirming.