Installation

How can I install an app so that it deletes files in the local directory?

kenoski
Path Finder

I have the case that when we install our new version of our app, we need to make sure that some of the local directory versions of the file have been deleted.

Since we don't have the file in the local directory, it doesn't get overwritten.
And if we put in a zero sized file, we get the overwrite, but now the Splunk interface fails when we try to go to that view.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Update: After going around with Splunk Support, and additional Splunk Answers I believe the easiest way to do this for me will be to use a scripted input that will remove the files I want removed without bringing them into Splunk itself.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kenoski
Path Finder

Updated Question.

Solved problem using scripted inputs.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kenoski
Path Finder

Updated Question.

Solved problem using scripted inputs.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try to just put the same app.conf, which is available in default directory, in the local directory and deploy your app to overwrite local directory from the deployment client.

0 Karma

kenoski
Path Finder

I use a local app.conf file to force the upgraded app to go through the setup screen.

The problem is that there is a conf file in the local directory, lets say savedsearches.conf, it will override a default directory copy of the savedsearches.conf file. Even if the default directory version is the newer more accurate file.

Is there a way to force a removal of any file from the app's directory tree during installation/configuration?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...