Installation

Getting ERROR: Couldn't read "/opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf"

rpradeep
Path Finder

I have installed splunk in docker container by pulling image from docker.io/splunk/splunk and running it. Later I installed an app called "Calendar Visualization" & committed the changes to create a new image (splunk:v1).
Now I am not able to run a container out of this new image.
Errors:
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": ["/opt/splunk/bin/splunk", "enable", "listen", "9997", "-auth", "admin:splunked", "--accept-license", "--answer-yes", "--no-prompt"], "delta": "0:00:01.768577", "end": "2019-02-19 10:32:50.522140", "failed_when_result": true, "msg": "non-zero return code", "rc": 8, "start": "2019-02-19 10:32:48.753563", "stderr": "", "stderr_lines": [], "stdout": "ERROR: Couldn't determine $SPLUNK_HOME or $SPLUNK_ETC; perhaps one should be set in environment", "stdout_lines": ["ERROR: Couldn't determine $SPLUNK_HOME or $SPLUNK_ETC; perhaps one should be set in environment"]}
ERROR: Couldn't read "/opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf" -- maybe $SPLUNK_HOME or $SPLUNK_ETC is set wrong?

Please help.

Tags (1)

MoniM
Communicator

Hi @rpradeep ,
you can check this accepted answer below:-
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/553373/couldnt-determine-splunk-home-perhaps-it-should-be.html

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...