Installation

Forwarding data to windows host

VaradVel

Hello,

I have a windows 10 machine on which I have installed splunk enterprise server (indexer) and on another linux VM I have installed the forwarder as a docker container.

For the forwarder, I have created a volume (monitoring  /var/lib/docker) and mapped it to the above docker container. 

sudo docker run -d -p 9997:9997 -v simplevol:/var/lib/docker -e "SPLUNK_START_ARGS=--accept-license" -e "SPLUNK_PASSWORD=admin@123" --name splunkcontainer splunk/universalforwarder:8.2

I need to monitor the /var/lib/docker folder on linux and send it to my windows server index for any changes. But I am not able to achieve that when I install the agent as a container. (If I go with normal install it works fine and data is sent to index)

Could anyone help me on how to achieve the communication between forwarder agent container and windows indexer

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...