Installation

FIPS mode in Splunk Enterprise

jkamdar
Path Finder

I installed Splunk Enterprise 9.2.0.1 without FIPS mode on and now I found out, I need to have it on. Luckily, I haven't done too much work, just one server and few Universal forwarders. 

I believe, I have to scrap the current installation of SH/Indexer and all the UFs, correct? There is not way to enable it in current install as far as I can tell.

Also, are there any files, I could save, so I can reuse them?

Labels (4)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

FIPS has to be turned on before starting Splunk.  If you've already started Splunk then you'll have to remove it and re-install it.  See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.1/Security/SecuringSplunkEnterprisewithFIPS

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Celebrate CX Day with Splunk: Take our interactive quiz, join our LinkedIn Live ...

Today and every day, Splunk celebrates the importance of customer experience throughout our product, ...

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...