Installation

DisableQuotaEnforcement" error

chaowarits

I using splunk version 6.2.5 with Splunk Enterprise Term License 6.5 and I got No-Enforcement key from my vender.
I try to install No-Enforcement key license to my Splunk but the error showed as below.

"Bad Request — In handler 'licenses': YYYYYY_Splunk.License: failed to parse license because: Feature="DisableQuotaEnforcement" is unrecognized."

Reference:
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/splunk-enterprise-metered-license-enforcement-faq.html

Thank you

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk 6.2.x does not understand features added to the licensing in 6.5.x - do upgrade.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yup, the license master version is what matters here.

Your vendor should also be able to give you a pre-6.5-version without the no enforcement flag, but I'd recommend an upgrade to benefit from many features and security patches since 6.2.5 many years ago.

0 Karma

chaowarits

Thank you martin. I read the article from blog below so I think I only have license stack 6.5 so I can install no-enforcement key in earlier version but I could not get other cool feature...
I misunderstood.....

"If your organization isn’t ready to upgrade to Splunk Enterprise 6.5, you can simply upgrade your existing Splunk License Master to benefit from this change."

http://blogs.splunk.com/2016/10/18/splunk-takes-a-flexible-approach-to-license-enforcement-with-splu...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...