Installation

Could not find new UI modules directory to install?

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Had the following line in my recent upgrade to 4.1 migration log:

Could not find new UI modules directory to install - if you're not in a dev build, you're in for a world of hurt..

Can anybody shed some light on this? As far as I can tell, the UI seems to be fully functional. I have been having problems with lookup tables and tags.conf, but can't detect any UI errors.

This is NOT a dev build btw...

1 Solution

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the UI works at all, the message is likely incorrect. Interpret the message as "Your web UI may not work."

Is it possible you somehow triggered the migration logic more than once? That can cause this message inaccurately (it thinks it has to rename the modules.new directory over the modules directory, but this can only be done once).

Any information about the starting version and platform, and the download package might help us reproduce.

View solution in original post

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the UI works at all, the message is likely incorrect. Interpret the message as "Your web UI may not work."

Is it possible you somehow triggered the migration logic more than once? That can cause this message inaccurately (it thinks it has to rename the modules.new directory over the modules directory, but this can only be done once).

Any information about the starting version and platform, and the download package might help us reproduce.

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

good old 4.1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...