Installation

CMD + backslash on MAC AZERTY keyboard

ldongradi_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all,

Do you know a different sequence to reorder the search fields than *CMD + \ * that would work on AZERTY keyboard ?

Explanation :
The search fields reorder command on Windows is CTRL + \ ** , whereas on Mac, it's *CMD + \ * on a QWERTY keyboard.
On AZERTY keyboard (French), the backslash is not available naturally. You have to use the sequence
*SHIFT + ALT + : * , as / is obtained with a **SHIFT + :

It seems it's impossible to get a full sequence of SHIFT + ALT + CMD + : to get the same behavior on a AZERTY keyboard as a *CMD + \ * on a QWERTY.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Mitevs

I am using Mac with Azerty keyboard and i had the same problem,
Try: Ctrl + O it works 😉

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

On my Windows QWERTZ keyboard (also no backslash directly available) I can use Ctrl+^, so do give CMD+^ a try.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In my case, this doesn't seem to work on all windows machines... and possibly not on all 6.5.x maintenance versions. Do try around, and ask your colleagues to properly document all the options.

0 Karma

ldongradi_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thx Martin. It does not work.
As a workaround so far I added the english-american keyboard to my settings, and switch to it when I want to show the effect of *CMD + \ *. Then I use the *CMD + ` * as this is where the *\ * key is supposed to be on the QWERTY keyboard. But this is not a nice solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...