Installation

Build a distributed search environment with trial version?

splunk_user_99
Engager

Hello, i wanted to build a distributed search environment with splunk with the trial license.
But for example, every time i wanted to configure one of my two instances as search-peer, and after I put all my data in, I get a error message.
Nothing else come to me in mind why this should not work, except the trial license problem.

What do you think?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunk_user_99,
when you speak of Trial version, are you meaning the Splunk Enterprise version in the first 60 days or after?
because the trial version is a full feature version, instead after 60 days it becames a Free version that hasn't the Distributed Search feature enabled ( for more info see at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/features-comparison-chart.html ).
If you need to test a Splunk distributed environment, ask to your Channel Manager (if you're a Splunk Partner) or to you're Splunk sales to have a Trial Version.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunk_user_99,
when you speak of Trial version, are you meaning the Splunk Enterprise version in the first 60 days or after?
because the trial version is a full feature version, instead after 60 days it becames a Free version that hasn't the Distributed Search feature enabled ( for more info see at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/features-comparison-chart.html ).
If you need to test a Splunk distributed environment, ask to your Channel Manager (if you're a Splunk Partner) or to you're Splunk sales to have a Trial Version.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

splunk_user_99
Engager

Hello Giuseppe,

I have checked it through the link you have published, and I have seen that I have the Free Splunk version, where the distributed search feature is not supported. So I will need to ask for a new license.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the quick and helpful answer!

Best regards,
splunk_user_99

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...