Installation

After upgrading from Splunk 6.1.1 to 6.1.9, does the jbridge no longer start for Splunk DB Connect 1?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I upgraded to Splunk 6.1.9 (from 6.1.1) last night, and Splunk DB Connect 1 has stopped working - the jbridge won't start. I upgraded to DB Connect 1.2 and java 1.8.6, but it still won't start. Getting the following error in my jbridge.log:

2015-08-21 14:37:51,584 ERROR Java process returned error code 1! Error: Initializing Splunk context... Environment: SplunkEnvironment{SPLUNK_HOME=/apps/splunk,SPLUNK_DB=/apps/splunk/var/lib/splunk} Configuring Log4j... [Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file. Exception in thread "main" com.splunk.config.SplunkConfigurationException: Error creating PersistentValueStore type xstream: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : Premature end of file.      at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStoreInstance(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:119)   at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStore(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:71)  at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createGlobalStore(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:51)      at com.splunk.env.SplunkContext.initialize(SplunkContext.java:109)        at com.splunk.bridge.JavaBridgeServer.main(JavaBridgeServer.java:34) Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : Premature end of file.    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(DomDriver.java:105)     at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(DomDriver.java:81)      at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:904)   at com.splunk.persistence.impl.XStreamStore.loadState(XStreamStore.java:113)      at com.splunk.persistence.impl.XStreamStore.<init>(XStreamStore.java:49)  at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)  at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)        at com.splunk.util.Utils$Reflection.instantiate(Utils.java:880)  at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStoreInstance(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:117)  ... 4 more Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.       at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)         at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl

Anyone? The path is correct for java and Splunk is running otherwise.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Premature end of file? That makes me think file system corruption. I'd double check your JRE and JDBC files, and probably re-install them.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

jus in case verify that you are using the Oracle java, not the openjava.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...