Installation

After DB Connect upgrade from 3.8 to 3.10, it won't accept any connection previously set?

EvansB
Path Finder

After upgrade of DB Connect from version 3.8 to 3.10, it won't accept any connection that was previously set.
Everything works fine before the upgrade but now my outputs and inputs can't load. When I try choosing a connection table, it displays the error "invalid database connection"

EvansB_1-1662842955897.png

 


I also noticed the new DBX version has a keystore tab on the settings menu. (This is new and not on the previous version 3.8)

EvansB_0-1662842392108.png

I have necessary drivers installed;
Splunk_JDBC_mssql version 1.1 and JRE version 11.0

Can someone assist me with what I'm missing for my connections to work?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)

Josef
Engager

I run into the same Issue when upgrading from 3.9 to 3.10.
With this procedure I got it working again:

Stop splunk
rm -Rf /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/keystore/
rm -f /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/certs/identity.dat
rm -f /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/certs/keystore_password.dat
rm -f /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/jars/dbxquery.vmopts
rm -f /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/jars/server.vmopts
mv /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/local {backupfolder}
Start Splunk
Open the dbconnect app in the browser, on the welcome page, click the Configuration button.
Configure the JDK setting and click save
Restore db_connections.conf, db_inputs.conf and identities.conf to the splunk_app_db_connect/local folder.
Restart Splunk
On the configuration page go to Identities.
Edit each identity, re-enter the password and save it.

Also have a look on your input and output names. If there is a minus in the name it does not work again. The Names must match the regex \w+ otherwise it will crash in 3.10

alhoctamis
Explorer

I am also facing issue with version 3.10.0

I have reproduced it in lab:

3.8.0 version with 1 identity & 1 connection : OK
upgrade to 3.9.0: OK
upgrade to 3.10.0: KO -> task server does not start

The only way around seems to be a 3.10.0 fresh install, but then it seems like it is not possible to import a previous indentity.dat like it was possible with previous versions.

I am trying to get some help/clarification from support.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

    Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

March Community Office Hours Security Series Uncovered!

Hello Splunk Community! In March, Splunk Community Office Hours spotlighted our fabulous Splunk Threat ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to April Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars in April. This post ...