IT Operations Discussions
All the up-time. All the nines.

Easy way to track process CPU usage for windows servers?

jflaherty
Path Finder

Hello,

We are having some CPU spikes on Windows servers so I am attempting to track utilization from individual processes to help determine the cause.  I have enabled various perfmon options in on the forwarder configs.  When I enable Perfmon:Process and track the "% Processor Time" counter, it reads 100% on a number of images.  I understand that it is a multiprocessor machine and it is something that needs  to be tracked over time but I was wondering if there is an easy way to track this for multiple systems and get scaled/accurate readings?  I have read about the "System: %Total Processor Time" but I don't know where I would enable that and don't see it as a counter on any of the perfmon objects.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Improve Your Security Posture

Watch NowImprove Your Security PostureCustomers are at the center of everything we do at Splunk and security ...

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...