Getting Data In

universal forwarder change deployment server use deployment

love0sxy
Explorer
Hello, guys I want change my universal forward for new deployment_server,how to use Current deployment server。 I am currently pushing the app for universal forwarder, but can‘t change deployment_server
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @love0sxy,

if you want to manage deploymentclient.conf by Deployment Server you have to follow the procedure I described in my previous answer because files in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local folder aren't manageable by DS, for this reason the changes aren't effective.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @love0sxy,

how did you configure the deploymentclient.conf file in your UFs?

if this file in in a custom Add-On deployed using the Deployment Server, you can modify this file in the app to deploy and the new addressing is deployed to all the UFs.

If instead you configured it using the CLI command and the deploymentclient.conf file is in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local, there isn't any automatic way to change the DS addressing.

In this case, you could deploy an add-on containing this file using the old DS and run a remote script that deletes the old deploymentclient.conf file and restarts Splunk.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

love0sxy
Explorer

hi! Esteemed Legend
 I thank know Manually changing files for uf /etc/system/local/deploymentclient,
and restar splunkd.exe it can change deployment server

love0sxy_0-1694700403560.png

but  i use deployment server push a newpath a deploymentclient.conf to UF is Not effective 

love0sxy_1-1694700574693.png

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @love0sxy,

if you want to manage deploymentclient.conf by Deployment Server you have to follow the procedure I described in my previous answer because files in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local folder aren't manageable by DS, for this reason the changes aren't effective.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

love0sxy
Explorer
According to the method you mentioned, the problem has been successfully solved. Thank you very much 🙂
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @love0sxy ,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...