Getting Data In

spunk data input - xml

syloee
Explorer

This is data file(<Interceptor>~~~</Interceptor><Interceptor>~~~</Interceptor>)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><dataroot><Interceptor><AttackCoords>-80.33100097073213,25.10742916222947</AttackCoords><Outcome>Interdiction</Outcome><Infiltrators>23</Infiltrators><Enforcer>Ironwood</Enforcer><ActionDate>2013-04-24</ActionDate><ActionTime>00:07:00</ActionTime><RecordNotes></RecordNotes><NumEscaped>0</NumEscaped><LaunchCoords>-80.23429525620114,24.08680387475695</LaunchCoords><AttackVessel>Rustic</AttackVessel></Interceptor>

-> i want to this ↓

<Interceptor>~~~</Interceptor>

i use
LINE_BREAKER = <Interceptor>
MUST_BREAK_AFTER = \</Interceptor\>

but i can't do.

What can I do? 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @syloee 

You can try following, make sure you set TIME* stamp extractions as well. Following works for event starts with <Interceptor> and the same tag would be truncated you won't find it in the event. These settings should be deployed to HF/indexer.

[ __auto__learned__ ]
SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false
LINE_BREAKER=(\<Interceptor\>)
NO_BINARY_CHECK=true

----

An upvote would be appreciated and Accept solution if it helps!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

syloee
Explorer

thank you very much

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@syloee Hope it helped. Appreciate if you could Accept solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...