Getting Data In

sedcmd with Eventlog

akuzma_2

I want to remove lot of rows in windows eventlog.

I tested it on EventCode=4624 - successful login

02/01/2018 09:56:03 AM
LogName=Security
SourceName=Microsoft Windows security auditing.
EventCode=4624
EventType=0
Type=Information
ComputerName=COMPUTER1
TaskCategory=Logon
OpCode=Info
RecordNumber=1072237543
Keywords=Audit Success ...

but I cannot get it working. I want to use SEDCMD, but before that I tried in search with rex command in sed mode, but something like that:

rex mode=sed "s/(?!Type=\w+).+//g"

got me only one letter "T" as below:

T

What I am doing wrong?

Maybe I should use transforms instead?

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

What exactly is your goal? Which part of the message do you want to remove?

Looking at regex101 with your data and regex, it indeed matches everything except that single T: https://regex101.com/r/BoyXLF/1

Looks like your way of using that negative lookahead is incorrect for what you want to accomplish.

0 Karma

akuzma_2

I found that it's incorrect, but I does not know how to make it right.

My goal is to remove almost all fields and leave only 3-4 I need.

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

If you tell us which fields you want to remove and which you want to keep, we can help you, but if we don't know what exactly you want to remove, it is impossible to suggest another regex.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...