Getting Data In

How to split values present in a cell in different rows?

rajeswarir

alt text

In this attached multiple values are grouped in table. I want to split all the values separately so that i can calculate average for each field

0 Karma
1 Solution

Super Champion
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@rajeswarir what is your existing query which gives the above table. If you are interested in Average and not multi valued fields, you can do the same upfront using appropriate statistical function from transforming command. Rather than circumventing through multi-valued field.

rajeswarir

Hi niketnilay,

my query is:
source="K_range.log" OR source="AD_range.log" OR source="R_range.zip:" Cycle={C3.100.5}
|transaction CommonFieldbetweenalllogs
|table S.No Cycle R_Time K_Time A_Time D_Time|eval S.No=1 | accum S.No

can u please explain how can i compute average without splitting the values using transforming command.

I need to calculate 2 things here:
1. Average for all the fields
2. one more field named "RA_Time" which is the addition of R_Time+A_Time

0 Karma

Super Champion
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...